Belk Most-Wanted Summer ‘11 Function Meets Femininity for Ultra-Sleek Style
Jun 21, 2011
Charlotte, NC, June 21, 2011 — As temperatures rise this summer, let your wardrobe rise to the occasion with Belk’s Most-Wanted Summer 2011 fashion picks. Flowy Bohemian-inspired summer silhouettes pair with tailored and sleek closet staples to create a look that is fierce and wearable all day. From shorts in every hemline to soft, sweet tops that’ll catch everyone’s eye, Belk’s Most Wanted Summer 2011 is all about femininity and functionality.
1. Long Skirt- From midi to maxi- make way for longer lengths. Sweeping hemlines give a nod to the 70’s. To complete the Bohemian look, just add a jean jacket and a load of bangles.
2. Shorts- Embrace the short! From slouchy and easy-going for weekends to slim and fitted for the office, there’s a style for every occasion. Whether grazing mid-thigh or classic Bermudas, the short is a summer essential.
3. Peasant Top- The flowing silhouette of 70’s tops reigns on the runways. Pair this top with slim jeans or tailored short to create a sophisticated ensemble. Peasant pizzazz never fails to end up at the top of the style charts.
4. Anything Animal- It’s a jungle out there! Cheetah, zebra, and snake prints can be found in natural tones and pair well with white accessories. For a more colorful trip through the jungle, opt for patterns in a high octane shade.
5. Fem Tee-This summer, you should add at least one really vibrant piece to your wardrobe—why not start with a fabulously detailed tee? Choose handcrafted touches such as lace and crochet. You’ll want to walk on the romantic side.
6. Fashion Cardi- The cardigan adds a polished, completed look to almost any outfit. Feeling daring? Choose cardis with interesting and innovative details such as fresh patterns and embellishments. Either way, this classic piece makes a come back season to season.
7. Flip Flop Dress- A fab frock is the cornerstone of any summer wardrobe especially when, for a change, you forgo frills for panel down perfection. Easy can be elegant.
8. Arm Candy- Looking for a little wrist action? Accessorize with a magnificent mix of spangled bangles. Whether spattered with rhinestones, artsy prints or just a stack of solids, bracelets and bangles add a finishing flair to your summer collection.
9. New Neutral Shoes-Nothing is chicer than shoes in hues that are barely there, such as blush, nude, and khakis. Soft, warm metallics in gold, pewter and silver bring the eye down and steal the show. The nude shoe is the quintessential “go to” accessory of the summer.
About Belk, Inc.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. (www.belk.com) is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with 304 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states. The company was founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C., and is in the third generation of Belk family leadership. Its belk.com Web site offers a wide assortment of fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family along with top name cosmetics, a wedding registry and a large selection of quality merchandise for the home. To connect with Belk via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blog, mobile phone, text messages or by email, go to Belk Get Connected.
Modern. Southern. Style.
Belk seeks to satisfy the modern Southern lifestyle like no one else, so that our customers get the fashion they desire and the value they deserve. Our vision is for the modern Southern woman to count on Belk first – for her, for her family, for life.