Belk Announces Men’s Most-Wanted Fashion Picks for Summer ‘11
Classic Comfort Takes on a Modern Spin
Jun 21, 2011
Charlotte, NC, June 21, 2011 — Guys, get your wardrobes sunny-weather ready by incorporating this season’s newest spins on classic pieces such as shorts, polos and dress shirts. Belk’s Men’s Most-Wanted Summer 2011 fashion picks make it easier than ever for you to update your closet with the newest trends. Take a step into prep and mix in colorful staples for a selection of looks that work whether you’re at the office or on the go. Wherever the warm weather takes you, you’re sure to be “best dressed” with these tips.
1. Summer Sportcoat- When was the last time you could feel so comfortable and look so polished? Try this must-have item in more casual textiles such as linen and cottons in sleeker, more relaxed silhouettes. It is the perfect “off duty” completer piece.
2. The New Polo- Put a modern twist on a tried-and-true favorite. Fresh fabrics, more color and unexpected collar treatments revitalize this knit, giving it a more youthful flavor.
3. Slim Ties- The news in ties is in the width. As jackets and suits get a little closer to the body, it makes perfect sense to streamline this important accessory. You will look neat and trim.
4. Bold Color Dress Shirts- Here’s a bright idea! Refresh your wardrobe with a few of the happiest hues around. Check out shirts in lilacs, pinks, yellows and blues. Roll up those sleeves (to the elbow) and transition from desk to dinner with style and panache.
5. Patterned Shorts- Turn up the volume on your supply of summer shorts. Say “Yes!” to the plethora of easy breezy prints that are way cool and comfortable—and so vacation friendly.
6. Preppy Shirts- Tune into patterns that play up casual, American style with a nod to the Ivy League. These shirts are the basic building blocks for summer duds that are clean and fresh.
7. Cargo Shorts- Just relax—relaxed fit, that is. Shorts in the newest neutral color palette are the perfect way to sport the utility trend that is resonating with guys in the know.
8. Sandal- Up your cool quotient with shoes that are fully functional in warm weather. Multi-strap, worked leathers in rich browns are a must to keep your feet cool and happy this summer.
About Belk, Inc.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. (www.belk.com) is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with 304 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states. The company was founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C., and is in the third generation of Belk family leadership. Its belk.com Web site offers a wide assortment of fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family along with top name cosmetics, a wedding registry and a large selection of quality merchandise for the home. To connect with Belk via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blog, mobile phone, text messages or by email, go to Belk Get Connected.
Modern. Southern. Style.
Belk seeks to satisfy the modern Southern lifestyle like no one else, so that our customers get the fashion they desire and the value they deserve. Our vision is for the modern Southern woman to count on Belk first – for her, for her family, for life.